Silver War - The Mercury Dime Campaign - Metal Detecting 2016

This metal detecting video is the second video of our silver war series. If you missed our last video, Amanda and I waged war on silver, particularly silver coins. So far in the war, Amanda has done most of the skirmishing, digging 2 mercury dimes at our first battle site which was an 1865 hotel. Yeah, it was damaging to my metal detecting ego but I must remember that she is an ally and not an enemy. In this video, I dug in and did some skirmishing myself. Although I had hoped to defeat the leader, General Mercury Dime, I ended up fatally wounding a higher ranking General of the Silver Army, General Barber Dime. This victory was highly unexpected and boosted the overall morale in our camp. The enemy also lost 2 infantry thimbles which we out flanked and captured in an adjoining yard. Both thimbles, beneath a layer of dirty clothes, wore the shiny attire associated with the enemy. We're nearly certain these relics aren't civilian, but guerrillas attempting to ambush our weak side. Luckily, James and I swooped in with our AT Pros and dug them from their trenches. Many relics fell that day and although General Barber Dime's death brings me great joy, there's a place in my heart sick with regret that I must write and tell you General Mercury Dime once again rode off into the sunset. I can now faintly see the light of his campfire on yonder hillside where the 1940 houses of the old factory stand. I predict he is once again in his tent, shooing flies in the yellow stain of lantern light. His finger is tracing hand drawn maps of the topography of this foreign land in hopes to predict and avoid my next attack. But these lands are not foreign to me. This is my home and I will die before I see General Merc leave it alive.

Music can be found at:

Music by Ross Apollo by jimmysquare Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0 provided by Audio Library

To see James dig the bomb click see my wife dig a CSA button click follow us on Facebook click